Recipe by That Napa Chicken Ranch
This is a California style chili- it has a wonderful authentic flavor but very little heat. It uses our mix recipe by the same name or you can substitute a package of purchased seasoning mix in a pinch (it won't be as good but will work out ok)
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 (16 ounce) can pinto beans, drained
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (16 ounce) can stewed tomatoes
- 1⁄3 cup chili seasoning mix (or one package of mix)
- 1⁄2 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large frying pan, saute the ground beef with the onions until browned. Drain the mixture and place into a dutch oven or large saucepan with a well fitting lid.
- Add the beans, tomato sauce, stewed tomatoes and the chili mix.
- Stir and add about 1/2 cup water.
- Simmer on low for a couple of hours until thick. Serve with tortillas or fresh cornbread.