Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Sometimes I just want comfort food- the memories that a familiar recipe bring up when cakes are made for traditional occasions. My dear freind Bob hates to have anyone fuss over him- he won't allow birthday parties. So we have an "Unbirthday Dinner" once a year to say thank you for all he does for us! The almost part to this recipe is that it uses Walnuts instead of pecans- from our trees of course!
- Beat the egg yolks, milk and vanilla in large saucepan with wire whisk until well blended.
- Add sugar and butter; cook on medium heat 12 minute or until thickened and golden brown, stirring constantly. Remove from heat.
- ADD coconut and walnuts; mix well.
- Cool to room temperature and of desired spreading consistency.
- USE to frost your favorite cake or cupcake recipe.