That Napa Chicken Ranch's Note:
Sometimes I just want comfort food- the memories that a familiar recipe bring up when cakes are made for traditional occasions. My dear freind Bob hates to have anyone fuss over him- he won't allow birthday parties. So we have an "Unbirthday Dinner" once a year to say thank you for all he does for us! The almost part to this recipe is that it uses Walnuts instead of pecans- from our trees of course!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Beat the egg yolks, milk and vanilla in large saucepan with wire whisk until well blended.
- 2Add sugar and butter; cook on medium heat 12 minute or until thickened and golden brown, stirring constantly. Remove from heat.
- 3ADD coconut and walnuts; mix well.
- 4Cool to room temperature and of desired spreading consistency.
- 5USE to frost your favorite cake or cupcake recipe.
Browse Our Top Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Napa Goat Ranch Almost German Chocolate Cake Frosting
Serving Size: 1 (156 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 688.7
- Calories from Fat 475
- Total Fat 52.8 g
- Saturated Fat 29.1 g
- Cholesterol 152.4 mg
- Sodium 181.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.5 g
- Sugars 40.0 g
- Protein 9.3 g