1/1 Photo of Napa Fusion Slaw
This slaw was originally inspired by one prepared by Bobby Flay on Food TV. I've tinkered with it a bit and added a bit more fusion between Asian and Southwestern flavors. This side salad is ideal for picnics and barbecues as it contains no mayonnaise.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 large jicama, peeled and finely julienned
- 1/2 napa cabbage, finely shredded (about 4-5 cups)
- 2 carrots, shredded
- 1/2 large red pepper, finely julienned
- 1/2 cup freshly squeezed lime juice
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons dried ancho chile powder
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 3 tablespoons canola oil (use olive oil if you prefer)
- 1/4 cup water
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped cilantro leaf
- 1Place jicama, cabbage, pepper and carrots in a large bowl.
- 2Whisk together the lime juice, vinegar, ancho powder, honey, and oils in a medium bowl. Season with salt and pepper, to taste. Pour the dressing over the salad mixture and toss to coat well.
- 3Fold in the cilantro.
- 4Let salad sit in fridge for 20 minutes and serve.
Browse Our Top Peppers Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Peppers Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Napa Fusion Slaw
Serving Size: 1 (138 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 159.4
- Calories from Fat 82
- Total Fat 9.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 44.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.7 g
- Sugars 9.5 g
- Protein 1.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: