Recipe by That Napa Chicken Ranch
A delightful combination of ingredients and easy to make as well. And if you are feeling under the weather, this will cure what ails you (just ask your mother!)
Top Review by mianbao
This is very nice soup! It's light and refreshing, and is also easy to make, with ingredients that are not hard to find. I followed the recipe mainly, but did use raw chicken that I cooked in homemade broth prior to making the soup. I love hot, spicy food, but it is nice to find something Mexican that doesn't burn, at times. Thank you very much for sharing this recipe with us.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 1⁄3 cup lime juice (fresh)
- 1 cup cooked chicken (diced- one breast)
- 1 cup rice (precooked)
- 1 cup tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup cilantro, chopped
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large saucepan heat the oil and saute the onion, garlic and bell pepper until soft and fragrant (this takes several minutes).
- Add the chicken broth and bring to a boil.
- Now add the lime juice, chicken and rice and wait for the mixture to boil again.
- Throw the tomatoes and cilantro and turn off the heat. Season with the salt and pepper and serve.
- I like to cut corn tortillas into thin strips with scissors and spray with PAM. I then bake in a hot oven for about 15 minutes until well toasted and sprinkle on top of the soup to serve!