Recipe by That Napa Chicken Ranch
This spicy soup is not only good for you, it will get you moving and shaking on those cool days ahead! Equally good as a light meal on the porch when it is too hot to think about cooking!
- 2 large sweet potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, mashed
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, grated
- 1⁄4 cup peanut butter
- 1 lime, juice of
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 large plum tomato, seeded and diced
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 teaspoon grated lime zest
Directions See How It's Made
- For sauce:.
- In a small bowl, stir together the sour cream and lime zest. Set aside.
- For Soup:.
- Melt the butter in a dutch oven pre-heated over medium heat. Add onion and garlic, and cook for about 5 minutes, until lightly browned.
- Add sweet potatoes, and chicken stock. Season with cumin, chili flakes and ginger. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low, cover, and simmer for 15 minutes, until potatoes are tender. Add the peanut butter.
- Puree the soup in a blender in small batches, return to heat. Stir in lime juice, and salt.
- Ladle into warm bowls, and top with a scoop of the reserved sour cream sauce, some diced tomato, and a sprinkle of cilantro.