Recipe by Chef Buggsy Mate
A nice refreshing salad for the summer. I do not care for coleslaw but this salad is wonderful. It does not have the heavy mayo base. The dressing also works wonderfully on a tossed green salad or steamed veggies.
- 2 heads napa cabbage, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 (3 ounce) packages ramen noodles, crunched
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 3 -4 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1⁄2 cup sunkist almond accents sliced almonds (flavor of your choice)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground ginger
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small saucepan, combine the soy sauce, cider vinegar, sugar, canola oil, pepper and ground ginger and simmer for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and refrigerate.
- In a small saute pan, heat oil over low heat and add noodles, sesame seeds and garlic; stirring frequently, cook until golden brown.
- In a large salad bowl, toss the noodle mixture and sliced cabbage together.
- Add dressing and sprinkle with the Almond Accents.