Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
My families absolutely favorite salad and oh so simple !!!! Just can't stop eating this.
- 1 head napa cabbage
- 6 green onions, chopped
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup vinegar
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 (3 ounce) packages ramen noodles
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 1⁄2 cup unsalted butter
- chop napa cabbage and put in large bowl.
- chop onions and mix with cabbage.
- dressing: I save my large mayo jars or any large jar will do.
- add all dressing ingredients together and shake, shake, shake, until well mixed. Leave out on counter top.
- crush ramen noodles ( remove seasoning package and throw away ).
- melt butter in medium fry pan on top of stove,add sesame seeds, ramen noodles, and almonds and fry until lightly browned.
- 1/2 hour before serving, add noodle mixture to cabbage and onions, pour dressing a little at a time until desired taste has been reached. Put any left over dressing in fridge for later use.
Very unusual taste, but well worth it. Once you mix it, it doesn't last - but that's not a problem, since it's impossible to put this down!