Recipe by French Onion
I love this recipe because it's easy to make and taste great, plus its healthy. I got this recipe from my Aunt Diane.
Top Review by cookcol in Midwest
Its great that you like your aunts recipe, but sweetie, this is NOT healthy! Anything that has 71% of its calories from fat and 146% sugar is going to kill you. try to revamp this one.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 stalks napa cabbage, Finely Chopped
- 2 bunches green onions, Finely sliced
- 1 sweet red pepper, diced for color
- 2 -3 ounces oriental-flavor instant ramen noodles
- 4 -8 ounces sunflower seeds, I like the salted kind better
- 4 ounces sliced almonds
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup vinegar
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 2 oriental-flavor instant ramen noodles
Directions See How It's Made
- The Salad.
- Saute broken up noodles, sunflower seeds, and almonds in olive oil until brown.
- let cool and mix with cabbage, red pepper and onions.
- Just before serving mix dressing in with salad or it gets soggy.
- I saute the crunchy stuff and keep it in a closed container until ready to use.