Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
I love this recipe because it's easy to make and taste great, plus its healthy. I got this recipe from my Aunt Diane.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 stalks napa cabbage, Finely Chopped
- 2 bunches green onions, Finely sliced
- 1 sweet red pepper, diced for color
- 2 -3 ounces oriental-flavor instant ramen noodles
- 4 -8 ounces sunflower seeds, I like the salted kind better
- 4 ounces sliced almonds
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup vinegar
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 2 oriental-flavor instant ramen noodles
- The Salad.
- Saute broken up noodles, sunflower seeds, and almonds in olive oil until brown.
- let cool and mix with cabbage, red pepper and onions.
- Just before serving mix dressing in with salad or it gets soggy.
- I saute the crunchy stuff and keep it in a closed container until ready to use.
Its great that you like your aunts recipe, but sweetie, this is NOT healthy! Anything that has 71% of its calories from fat and 146% sugar is going to kill you. try to revamp this one.