Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is a very tasty salad submitted by my cousin Bernie for our family's cookbook and also made for our family reunion back in July of 2007. Everyone was asking for her recipe.
- 1 head napa cabbage
- 1 bunch green onion (scallions, 8-9)
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 2 (3 ounce) packages ramen noodles (raw)
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup oil
- 1⁄4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- Cut off end of cabbage and core.
- Slice leaves lengthwise into thin strips-then chop.
- Place in a large Ziploc bag and refrigerate until ready to assemble.
- Slice the onions into thin strips.
- Place in separate Ziploc bag and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Saute the following ingredients until brown, then cool and place into a 3rd Ziploc bag and refrigerate.
- ½ stick butter, 2 pkgs. (raw) Ramen noodles (noodles only)2 T. sesame seeds & 1 cup sliced almonds.
- For the dressing.
- Combine the following ingredients and place in a jar, refrigerate until ready to use.
- ½ cup sugar, 3/4 cup oil, 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar & 1 T. soy sauce.
- Assemble just before serving.
- Mix the 3 bags of ingredients and the dressing in a large bowl, toss well, and then serve.
- After cooling this mixture, break it up again, it tends to clump when refrigerated.
There were 4 of us to enjoy this salad, & that we did! Thoroughly enjoyed the combo of sesame seeds & almonds as they added a nice flavor to this unusual & tasty salad! Thanks for posting the recipe! [Made & reviewed in Bargain Basement recipe tag]