Recipe by litldarlin
This is a very tasty salad submitted by my cousin Bernie for our family's cookbook and also made for our family reunion back in July of 2007. Everyone was asking for her recipe.
Top Review by Sydney Mike
There were 4 of us to enjoy this salad, & that we did! Thoroughly enjoyed the combo of sesame seeds & almonds as they added a nice flavor to this unusual & tasty salad! Thanks for posting the recipe! [Made & reviewed in Bargain Basement recipe tag]
- 1 head napa cabbage
- 1 bunch green onion (scallions, 8-9)
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 2 (3 ounce) packages ramen noodles (raw)
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 cup sliced almonds
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup oil
- 1⁄4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut off end of cabbage and core.
- Slice leaves lengthwise into thin strips-then chop.
- Place in a large Ziploc bag and refrigerate until ready to assemble.
- Slice the onions into thin strips.
- Place in separate Ziploc bag and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Saute the following ingredients until brown, then cool and place into a 3rd Ziploc bag and refrigerate.
- ½ stick butter, 2 pkgs. (raw) Ramen noodles (noodles only)2 T. sesame seeds & 1 cup sliced almonds.
- For the dressing.
- Combine the following ingredients and place in a jar, refrigerate until ready to use.
- ½ cup sugar, 3/4 cup oil, 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar & 1 T. soy sauce.
- Assemble just before serving.
- Mix the 3 bags of ingredients and the dressing in a large bowl, toss well, and then serve.
- After cooling this mixture, break it up again, it tends to clump when refrigerated.