Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Easy to make. The flavors are so good together.
Make and share this Napa Cabbage Salad recipe from Food.com.
- Thinly slice cabbage. Add onions.Mix together in large bowl.
- Melt margarine and brown noodles. Be sure to break noodles into small pieces and do not use packaged noodle seasoning.
- When noodles are golden brown, add almonds and sesame seed, finish browning, watching carefully. Remove and set aside.
- Combine remaining ingredients and boil for 1 minute. Let cool. Stir dressing well.
- Toss with salad greens and noodle mixture 15 to 30 minutes before serving.
Yummy! Followed recipe as written except didn't have green onions, so I just omitted them. A bit too much oil and butter. Next time I'll probably brown noodles in 1 or 2 tbsp of oil, and use 1/2 or 1/3 cup oil, or just more cabbage.
This has always been one of my favorite salads. Thank you so much for putting it up.
This is the easiest salad and what a hit! My diabetic mother substitutes Splenda for the sugar, and says it's just perfect . (I don't use any sugar substitutes, so I can tell a difference). I usually cook for one, and have found that if I keep the dressing and crunchies separate from the greens, the salad lasts longer, and it's sure good enough to eat every day.