Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Crisper and lighter than traditional slaw, very nice!! Changed to our liking from B H & G
- 3 cups finely shredded napa cabbage
- 1 cup finely shredded bok choy
- 2 -3 tablespoons very thin sweet red pepper strips
- 1⁄4 cup seasoned rice vinegar or 1⁄4 cup white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, very thin sliced crescents (optional)
- In a large mixing bowl combine cabbage, bok choy, and red sweet pepper strips and onion crescents, if using.
- In a small mixing bowl stir together seasoned rice vinegar or white vinegar and seasame oil.
- Toss with the cabbage mixture.
Added a little grated ginger to give it some more interest. Really light and flavorful.
I've recently begun to experiment with healthier alternatives to the typical mayo based slaws. I really enjoyed this one for the taste and appearance. Was tempted to skip the bok choy but found it addded a nice crunch to the salad as well some contrast to the pale napa cabbage. Same would be said for the red onions -- which I would encourge folks to add. My only comment would be that I found the dressing a wee bit sharp. Added a bit of of Splenda and water to the dressing and that seemed to do the trick. Thanks Derf!!