Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
My mother has a Naomi Judd cookbook and this recipe is in it. Its the best!
- 1 lb ground sirloin
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic or 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 1 package mild chili seasoning mix
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste, plus
- 1 (6 ounce) can water
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can corn, drained
- 1⁄2 cup chopped black olives (optional)
- 1 (8 ounce) packagehungry jack biscuits (10)
- 8 ounces shredded cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Brown beef, onion& garlic until no longer pink.
- Drain off excess fat.
- Stir in flour and cook 1 minute.
- Stir in chili seasoning, chili powder,tomato paste,water, corn& olives.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low and simmer covered for 10-15 minutes.
- Take biscuits out of tube and separate in half.
- Put bottom halves in the bottom of a 9" square pan or deep dish pie plate-- I spray mine with Pam first.
- Spoon chili mixture over biscuits.
- Top with remaining biscuits torn side down.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 16-18 minutes until biscuits are brown and cheese is melted.
i too have the cookbook with this recipe and have made it on a regular basis. everyone who has had it loves it and it is even better leftover. when my 14 yr nephew asked me to teach him to cook 12 yrs ago this was one of the first 2 recipes he wanted to make. he liked the idea that if he was making it he could adjust it to his taste so he left out the olives. silly boy
I too have her cookbook. This recipe is really good. I add a bit more water to the meat. The corn in it is actually Mexican corn. Thanks for posting.