Prep 1 hr
Cook 15 mins
Cranberry juice and lime flavor refreshing Nantucket iced tea. Use more or less of the syrup for your preferred sweetness. Allow an hour for the tea to steep - using room temperature water keeps the tea smooth and not bitter.
- 10 tea bags, black tea
- 4 cups water, at room temperature
- 2 cups cranberry juice
1/3-1/2 cup lime simple syrup (recipe follows)
- 2 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 cup water
- 2 -3 pieces lime zest
- 6 -7 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- In a (glass) serving pitcher, steep the tea in the water for 45 to 60 minutes.
- Remove tea bags and discard them.
- Stir in the cranberry juice and as much lime syrup as desired.
- Serve over ice in tall glasses.
- Garnish with a a lime slice, if desired.
- Lime Syrup: Combine 2 1/2 cups sugar with 1 cup of water in a small saucepan. Add a few strips of lime zest. Bring to a boil them simmer 5 to 8 minutes till slightly thickened. Remove from heat and cool. Remove and discard lime zest. Stir in 6 or 7 Tbs. of fresh, strained lime juice (and 2 or 3 drops of green food coloring, if desired).
This is very refreshing! I did not use all the lime syrup but I think the leftovers will go great with a little vodka! I did not add the green food color. I made this for the March event, Something Old, Something New, A Special Menu Just for You. And I will make this again!
Very refreshing. Thanks fro sharing. Made for PAC spring 09