1 hr 15 mins
Lise in Indiana's Note:
Cranberry juice and lime flavor refreshing Nantucket iced tea. Use more or less of the syrup for your preferred sweetness. Allow an hour for the tea to steep - using room temperature water keeps the tea smooth and not bitter.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
1/3-1/2 cup lime simple syrup (recipe follows)
- 1In a (glass) serving pitcher, steep the tea in the water for 45 to 60 minutes.
- 2Remove tea bags and discard them.
- 3Stir in the cranberry juice and as much lime juice as desired.
- 4Serve over ice in tall glasses.
- 5Garnish with a a lime slice, if desired.
- 6Lime Syrup: Combine 2 1/2 cups sugar with 1 cup of water in a small saucepan. Add a few strips of lime zest. Bring to a boil them simmer 5 to 8 minutes till slightly thickened. Remove from heat and cool. Remove and discard lime zest. Stir in 6 or 7 Tbs. of fresh, strained lime juice (and 2 or 3 drops of green food coloring, if desired).
Browse Our Top Beverages Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Nantucket Iced Tea
Serving Size: 1 (2278 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1115.1
- Calories from Fat 2
- Total Fat 0.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 17.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 287.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 280.5 g
- Protein 0.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: