Recipe by katie in the UP
Another recipe for our Tree Trimming party!
Top Review by DoubletheGarlic
This recipe is so pretty, tart and lovely! We really enjoyed it served warm with ice cream. Don't be tempted to do what I did and bake it in a Bundt pan, though!! Esp. with my 15ou of cranberries and 1 cup of almonds, it completely broke apart (see photo :-). But I would definitely make this again ... Katie's way!!
[Note - stick to 12ou of berries, but I wd def. recommend an increase of almond slivers. Also, for almond extract, I used a whole vial of Dr. Oetker's Bitter-Almond Oil (.14 fl.oz.). Divine!!]
- 1 (12 ounce) package fresh cranberries
- 1 cup sugar, divided
- 1⁄2 cup sliced almonds
- 2 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon confectioners' sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- In a small bowl, combine the cranberries, 1/2 cup surgar and almonds.
- Transfer to a greased 11 inch fluted tart pan with a removable bottom.
- Place on baking sheet.
- In a small mixing bowl, beat the eggs, butter, extract and remaining sugar.
- Beat in flour just until moistened (batter will be thick!).
- Spread evenly over berries.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 40 to 45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
- Cool on wire rack.
- Dust with confectioners sugar.
- Refrigerate leftovers.