1 hr 50 mins
American Home Cooking
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 3/4 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 4 1/2-5 cups fresh sweet corn, with scrapings (8-10 ears of corn)
- 3/4 cup crushed cracker (pilot crackers, hardtack, Nabisco Uneeda biscuits, or oyster crackers)
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 -3 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1Preheat oven to 350°; grease a medium baking dish.
- 2Whisk the eggs and half-and-half together in a large bowl along with the salt, white pepper, and nutmeg.
- 3Mix in the corn kernels and scrapings, ½ cup of the crackers, and 2 tablespoons melted butter.
- 4Spoon mixture into prepared dish and scatter the cheese over it.
- 5In a small bowl, mix the remaining ¼ cup crackers and 1 tablespoon butter together; sprinkle them over the cheese; dust with paprika.
- 6Bake for 45-50 minutes, until puffed and golden brown.
- 7The edges should be a bit crusty, but the center should remain a little soft; serve hot.
Browse Our Top < 4 Hours Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Nantucket Corn Pudding
Serving Size: 1 (196 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 310.6
- Calories from Fat 169
- Total Fat 18.8 g
- Saturated Fat 9.6 g
- Cholesterol 110.6 mg
- Sodium 483.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.2 g
- Sugars 4.1 g
- Protein 10.1 g