Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 1 hr
Cook 50 mins
American Home Cooking
Make and share this Nantucket Corn Pudding recipe from Food.com.
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- 4 1⁄2-5 cups fresh sweet corn, with scrapings (8-10 ears of corn)
- 3⁄4 cup crushed cracker (pilot crackers, hardtack, Nabisco Uneeda biscuits, or oyster crackers)
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 -3 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 350°; grease a medium baking dish.
- Whisk the eggs and half-and-half together in a large bowl along with the salt, white pepper, and nutmeg.
- Mix in the corn kernels and scrapings, ½ cup of the crackers, and 2 tablespoons melted butter.
- Spoon mixture into prepared dish and scatter the cheese over it.
- In a small bowl, mix the remaining ¼ cup crackers and 1 tablespoon butter together; sprinkle them over the cheese; dust with paprika.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes, until puffed and golden brown.
- The edges should be a bit crusty, but the center should remain a little soft; serve hot.