Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a wonderful salad--I get asked for the recipe every time I serve it! It's from the Redwood Grill in Houston, Tx. and has become their signature dish. I also think it would be terrific with raspberries substituted for the blueberries!
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1⁄2 pint fresh blueberries
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄3 cup raspberry vinegar
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1 -2 bag ready to eat Baby Spinach
- 1 pint fresh blueberries
- 2⁄3 cup blue cheese, crumbled
- 1⁄2 cup chopped and toasted pecans
- For vinaigrette: Combine shallot, blueberries, salt, sugar, vinegar, and oil in electric blender container; blend until smooth.
- For salad: In large bowl combine spinach, blueberries, cheese, and pecans.
- Toss with generous amount of vinaigrette and serve.
I tried this and everybody loved it! I didnt have raspberry vinegar so I used balsamic and I did add a little cream to the dressing. MMMMM good thank you Leslie in Texas your awesome.
THis is very tasty. Our grocery store had 2 different types of Rasberry Vinegar - Red and Black - we went with the black not knowing the differences. We were pleased with the results, and will be making this a part of our weekly dishes. It's a wonderful combination of flavors with a refreshing healthy feel.
This is a magnificent salad. We absolutely loved it. Blueberries and blue cheese, can't get much better than that. Will be making this salad from now on. Thanks for posting this recipe.