Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
One of my favorite recipes from HGP cookbook. I don't know who "Nan" is but I love her recipe! Uses ingredients from the garden and are almost always on hand. We love this for lunch.
- 4 cups sliced zucchini
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup mayonnaise (not Miracle Whip)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1⁄4 green pepper (I add red & yellow, too)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- additional shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 cup Ritz cracker crumbs, crushed
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Butter an 8 inch square baking dish.
- Beat eggs and mayonnaise in mixing bowl.
- Stir in onion, pepper, and cheese.
- Add zucchini.
- Pour into baking dish.
- Top with cracker crumbs and additional cheese.
- Bake 25-30 minutes.
I have made this twice now and the first time I made as is.. The second time (last night) I made it exact with the addition of about 1-2 tsp. dried dill, garlic salt, and Johnny's.. If it were up to my husband and I we would have given it 5 stars. My boys gave this 4 because of the onions. Maybe I will try it again with the additions and saute the onions first and maybe a can of tuna or a cooked cut up chicken breast.. Simple Recipe that is great for a weekend/lazy weekend dinner.. Thanks..