1/2 Photos of Nan's Schnitzel
My grandma is know by everyone as Nan, and she makes awesome German food. This Schnitzel is one of my personal favorites. Makes 6-10 Schnitzels @ 2 per person. Good with 'German style Potato Salad' or 'Spatzle' and some sort of veggie like 'Brown Sugar and Dill Carrots'
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Crack eggs into regular bowl and mix together with a splash of milk.
- 2Put the flour and crumbs in their own regular bowls.
- 3Pre-heat a frying pan with about a 16th inch Deep of oil.
- 4lightly pound the chops thin with a meat tenderizing hammer. *MAKE SURE* you sprinkle salt on the pork when hammering it, or the schnitels will have no flavor.
- 5Line up your bowls like so: Flour, Egg Mix, Crumbs.
- 6Coat your tenderized chops in flour, then the egg mixture, and last the crumbs.
- 7Fry them up in the oil till they are golden and brown.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Nan's Schnitzel
Serving Size: 1 (689 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 973.1
- Calories from Fat 196
- Total Fat 21.8 g
- Saturated Fat 6.9 g
- Cholesterol 408.3 mg
- Sodium 761.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 116.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.4 g
- Sugars 5.2 g
- Protein 70.4 g