Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
From foodblogga.com blog. Reminds me of Laurie Colwin's frittata but I can't find the book right now. This is dinner when I don't want to go to the store. Add whatever you have in the fridge, bacon, ham, zucchini.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small potato, diced
- 1 small onions or 1 small shallot, diced
- 1⁄2 bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 5 eggs
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil, thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 3 -4 dashes crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 dash salt
- Over mediuim low heat, add olive oil to an 8 inch non stick skillet, add potatoes, and saute until golden brown, about 5-7 minutes.
- Add onions, cook 2-3 minutes.
- Add bell pepper strics, cook 2-3 minutes.
- Meanwhile, beat the eggs in a small bowl, add fresh basil, parsley, cheese, salt and red pepper.
- Pour the egg mixture into the skillet.
- With a fork, gently move the egg mixture from side to side as it begins to cook to ensure that is cooks even around the edge.
- This takes about 5 minutes.
- Give the pan handle a jiggle and when the egg appear set, remove the pan fromt the stovetop and place under broiler.
- Broil 3-4 minutes until the top begins to puff up and turn golden brown.
- Watch closely.
- Remove from oven let cook a couple minutes.