1/2 Photos of Nan's Potato, Pepper and Onion Frittata
Dona England's Note:
From foodblogga.com blog. Reminds me of Laurie Colwin's frittata but I can't find the book right now. This is dinner when I don't want to go to the store. Add whatever you have in the fridge, bacon, ham, zucchini.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Over mediuim low heat, add olive oil to an 8 inch non stick skillet, add potatoes, and saute until golden brown, about 5-7 minutes.
- 2Add onions, cook 2-3 minutes.
- 3Add bell pepper strics, cook 2-3 minutes.
- 4Meanwhile, beat the eggs in a small bowl, add fresh basil, parsley, cheese, salt and red pepper.
- 5Pour the egg mixture into the skillet.
- 6With a fork, gently move the egg mixture from side to side as it begins to cook to ensure that is cooks even around the edge.
- 7This takes about 5 minutes.
- 8Give the pan handle a jiggle and when the egg appear set, remove the pan fromt the stovetop and place under broiler.
- 9Broil 3-4 minutes until the top begins to puff up and turn golden brown.
- 10Watch closely.
- 11Remove from oven let cook a couple minutes.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Nan's Potato, Pepper and Onion Frittata
Serving Size: 1 (175 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 304.5
- Calories from Fat 182
- Total Fat 20.2 g
- Saturated Fat 7.2 g
- Cholesterol 286.3 mg
- Sodium 514.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 18.8 g