Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I created this tonight to go with some lamb shish kabobs and it was fantastic (if I must say so myself). DH loved it! I listed approximate measures for salt, pepper, and garlic powder but add them to your own taste. This is super quick if the pasta is already made.
- 1 lb orzo pasta, cooked and chilled
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2-2 teaspoons salt, to taste
- 1 teaspoon pepper, to taste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder, to taste
- 1 large tomatoes, seeded, chopped
- 1 cup cucumber, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup fresh mozzarella cheese, cubed
- 4 tablespoons fresh cilantro, finely chopped
- Place pasta in a large bowl.
- Add all the ingredients to the pasta and mix well to blend.
- Can eat immediately or can serve at room temperature too.
- Can be made ahead for the flavors to meld.
Wow! That is really good. Basil was the only fresh herb that I had, so I used that. Also added some finely chopped red onion. This will be a keeper in my house, Thanks Oolala.
Excellent salad with loads of flavor from the lemon and herbs!