Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a favorite that my mil fixes for family reunions.It is good hot or cold. Easy enough to fix anytime.
- 3 lbs lean ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 (10 1/2 ounce) cans cream of mushroom soup
- 2 packages old el paso taco seasoning
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1 (15 ounce) bag plain Doritos
- 1 lb monterey jack pepper cheese, grated
- Preheat oven to 400'.
- Brown ground beef with onion, breaking up meat until it is fine like taco meat.
- Drain well.
- Add taco seasoning, water, and soups.
- Break up Doritos and layer in the bottom of a 13 x 9 in pan, reserving about 1/2 cup of chip crumbs.
- Pour meat mixture over chips and spreading evenly.
- Sprinkle grated cheese over the top.
- Add last 1/2 cup of chips over the top of cheese.
- Bake for about 30 min, or until cheese is melted and bubbly.