1 hr 5 mins
This is a basic meringue kiss recipe which is easy to do and open for experiments. I started with a simple vanilla flavor kiss and have made lots of different flavors. These have always been a hit for the holidays. NOTE: Depending on your oven, you may have to use a lower temperature than suggested so the kisses don't brown too much on the bottom.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 250º degrees.
- 2Beat egg white & salt with mixer until frothy or fluffy. Add sugar very slowly while still using mixer.
- 3Beat until a stiff peak forms and sugar is dissolved.
- 4Fold in by hand vanilla.
- 5Spoon (teaspoonful) onto lightly greased cookie sheet.
- 6Bake 40-45 minutes.
- 7Let cool slightly before removing to cooling rack.
- 8Store in airtight container.
- 9You can add (1/4 cup per batch or desired amount) chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, mint chips, etc. Fold these in last.
- 10You can also substitute the vanilla with any flavor extract. I have used cherry extract with chocolate chips. These were excellent.
- 11You can also add a couple drops of food coloring to the desired flavor of the kiss. If you use a drop of yellow with a drop of red to get an orange color you can use chocolate chips to have a Halloween kiss.
- 12I don't suggest using wet ingredients such as maraschino cherries, pineapple, etc.
Browse Our Top Candy Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Nan's Meringue Kisses - Easy to Be Creative
Serving Size: 1 (101 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 11.5
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 8.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 0.1 g