Prep 0 mins
Cook 5 mins
Persian spice mix. This blend is usually added to soups at the end of cooking time. It brings out the flavours of Persian food.
- 2 tablespoons clarified unsalted butter, melted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons of powdered dried mint
- Heat the butter in a small pan.
- Stir in cinnamon.
- Stir in turmeric.
- Cook for a minute or two.
- Make sure the heat is not too high.
- Add mint to pan.
- Remove from heat.
- Add to soups just before serving, and to boranis, yoghurt salads for the added flavour and burst of colour this blend provides.