Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is one of the many recipes from my grandmothers cookbook. She passed away in May of 2005 and I am recording her wonderful recipes for my family and the many generations that will follow. I hope you enjoy her recipes as much as we do. I have not made each one yet-so cooking time and servings may vary. Blessings from FOURMRANCHWIFE in Texas Do not let the oil scare you off in this- it is SOOO good. !
- 2 lbs boiled deveined shrimp
- 2⁄3 cup finely chopped celery
- 1⁄4 cup thinly sliced green onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped chives
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄2 cup chili sauce
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons horseradish
- 1 tablespoon mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 dashes hot sauce
- Mix all of the ingredients together.
- Chill at least 1 hour before serving.
- Serve while still in their sauce w/ crackers.
- The chili sauce is on the condiment aisle- by the ketchup.
- Great side dish.
- Nanny got this recipe out of a newspaper in 1975. Very good dish.