Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is one of the many recipes from my grandmothers cookbook. She passed away in May of 2005 and I am recording her wonderful recipes for my family and the many generations that will follow. I hope you enjoy her recipes as much as we do. I have not made each one yet-so cooking time and servings may vary. Blessings from FOURMRANCHWIFE in Texas. (THIS IS ONE OF MY PERSONAL FAVORITES!!)
- 354.88 ml crabmeat
- 29.58 ml bacon fat, melted
- 1 medium onion
- 1 green onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 29.58 ml celery
- 29.58 ml bell peppers
- 14.79 ml parsley
- 177.44 ml breadcrumbs
- 4.92 ml salt
- 2.46 ml pepper
- 1.23 ml thyme
- Chop all the veggies.
- Saute veggies in the bacon fat drippings unti soft, but not brown.
- Mix the sauted veggies with the crab meat, bread crumbs and spices.
- With a sharp knife make a slit just under the skin of the flounder. Fill the pocket you create with the mixture.
- Brush the flouder with melted butter.
- Bake 30 minutes covered with foil at 375*.
- Uncover and brown for 10 minutes.
- This will stuff 1 big or a couple small flounder.
Awesome tasting fish with a delicious stuffing that I would be proud to serve to company, and will next time I have some! DH and I really loved it!
More like 10 stars. This was a very nice restaurant quality meal. Looks fancy but really easy and quick. I could not get whole flounder so I had to use filets but they worked just fine. I simply made a mound of the dressing and tucked the ends of the fillet under the mound. I did put the broiler on for a few minutes to help brown the top of the fillets bc I was antzy and wanted to eat it NOW! It smelled amazing and tasted even better. Great recipe Stacey and Nanny!