Recipe by staceyelee
This is one of the many recipes from my grandmothers cookbook. She passed away in May of 2005 and I am recording her wonderful recipes for my family and the many generations that will follow. I hope you enjoy her recipes as much as we do. I have not made each one yet-so cooking time and servings may vary. Blessings from FOURMRANCHWIFE in Texas. (THIS IS ONE OF MY PERSONAL FAVORITES!!)
- 354.88 ml crabmeat
- 29.58 ml bacon fat, melted
- 1 medium onion
- 1 green onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- 29.58 ml celery
- 29.58 ml bell peppers
- 14.79 ml parsley
- 177.44 ml breadcrumbs
- 4.92 ml salt
- 2.46 ml pepper
- 1.23 ml thyme
Directions See How It's Made
- Chop all the veggies.
- Saute veggies in the bacon fat drippings unti soft, but not brown.
- Mix the sauted veggies with the crab meat, bread crumbs and spices.
- With a sharp knife make a slit just under the skin of the flounder. Fill the pocket you create with the mixture.
- Brush the flouder with melted butter.
- Bake 30 minutes covered with foil at 375*.
- Uncover and brown for 10 minutes.
- This will stuff 1 big or a couple small flounder.