Prep 25 mins
Cook 20 mins
Wonderful side dish. My grandma always makes this for holidays and everyone loves it. Even my husband who does not like spinach goes back for seconds. Can be doubled for a crowd.
- 1 package frozen spinach
- 1 can French-fried onions
- 1 package cream cheese
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- cracker crumb, to cover
- 3⁄8 cup melted butter
- Cook spinach and drain; place in mixing bowl.
- In sauce pan on low heat melt cream cheese and soup.
- Mix well.
- Add the can of fried onions.
- Pour mixture over spinach and mix well.
- Transfer to baking dish.
- Mix cracker crumbs and melted butter until moist but not soggy.
- Spread over casserole.
- Bake at 350 until top is brown and casserole is bubbly about 20 minutes.
This recipe is FABULOUS! It's very rich, so don't eat too much or you'll need some pepto bismol. I think next time I'll substitute extra french fried onions for the butter soaked cracker topping.
This was good, served it on Christmas Eve and yes, even the kids liked it! I did take the suggestions from the other reviews. So that it wouldn't be quite so rich, I used 2 10 oz. packages of frozen spinach. I also used french fried onions for the topping instead of the cracker topping. Turned out wonderful, I would definately make again! Thanks!
This was pretty good. I think I need to play around with the size of ingredients because I think maybe I used to much cream cheese to the amount of spinach. Thanks rechelle