Recipe by rechelle
Wonderful side dish. My grandma always makes this for holidays and everyone loves it. Even my husband who does not like spinach goes back for seconds. Can be doubled for a crowd.
Top Review by WaltSentMe007
This recipe is FABULOUS! It's very rich, so don't eat too much or you'll need some pepto bismol. I think next time I'll substitute extra french fried onions for the butter soaked cracker topping.
- 1 package frozen spinach
- 1 can French-fried onions
- 1 package cream cheese
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- cracker crumb, to cover
- 3⁄8 cup melted butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook spinach and drain; place in mixing bowl.
- In sauce pan on low heat melt cream cheese and soup.
- Mix well.
- Add the can of fried onions.
- Pour mixture over spinach and mix well.
- Transfer to baking dish.
- Mix cracker crumbs and melted butter until moist but not soggy.
- Spread over casserole.
- Bake at 350 until top is brown and casserole is bubbly about 20 minutes.