Recipe by pinkie
This recipe came from my grandmother. It tastes best with fresh, halved, shelled pecans if you can get them.
Top Review by True Texas
I love it my mom's recipe exactally, I was going to post her's, but I thought I would look and see if there was one that was close. One exception, when she wrote her's down for me it says, 'a little butter and vanilla', no measurements on them, but I would guess about a tablespoon on butter and tsp on vanilla. It's a very good recipe, one we've eaten for years at Thanksgiving and Christmas.
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 frozen pie crusts
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine eggs, corn syrup, vanilla, sugar, and salt in a large mixing bowl.
- Arrange pecans evenly in the bottom of the pie crust.
- Pour egg mixture over pecans in the shell.
- Bake at 350 for 45 minutes or until puffy and crust is golden brown.