1/4 Photos of Nanny's Simple Macaroni and Cheese
1 hr 10 mins
Gosh, there are so many Mac and Cheese recipes! I looked at many before deciding to post my favorite recipe from childhood. My grandmother makes this all of the time. My girls and I love it but the Hubby doesn't like it much. "Too bland" he says. Great comfort food!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Boil pasta according to package in salted water.
- 2For firmer pasta reduce boiling time by a few minutes.
- 4Grease a deep casserole dish (I use a spray).
- 5Place a layer of macaroni, enough to cover the bottom, in the casserole dish.
- 6Add a layer of cheese slices covering the macaroni.
- 7Very lightly season with salt and pepper (I actually skip this and we add salt and pepper to taste on our individual servings).
- 8Repeat these layers until you are out of pasta.
- 9Pour milk over the casserole until the milk almost reaches the top of the casserole dish (It doesn't take much because the dish is already full of pasta and cheese).
- 10Bake covered for about 45 minutes to an hour in a 350 degree oven.
- 11You'll know it is finished cooking when the milk is no longer liquid.
- 12Sometimes I add leftover ham chunks to the layers.
- 13Cook time and servings are approximate!
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Nanny's Simple Macaroni and Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (227 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 878.2
- Calories from Fat 447
- Total Fat 49.7 g
- Saturated Fat 30.8 g
- Cholesterol 143.7 mg
- Sodium 917.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 60.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 45.8 g