Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Another of my grandmother's recipes. It was one of my favorites when I was growing up.
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can tomatoes, chopped
- 4 -5 homemade biscuits, leftover from breakfast works best
- 1⁄2 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- salt and pepper
- Place tomatoes into an oven-proof dish.
- Then break the biscuits into pieces and place throughout the dish with the tomatoes.
- Add onions, butter, sugar, salt and pepper; stir.
- Bake for thirty minutes at 350°.
- Serve warm.
- • Note: Stale biscuits will work best.
This is Good. Especially if you like Stewed Tomatoes. I always put bread on top of my stewed tomatoes, this is just a kind of a "twist" to stewed tomatoes.