Recipe by jewelz4jesus
These are cake like cookies that are topped with a yummy browned butter frosting! My Grandma-Nanny always made these every year in the fall.
Top Review by weefaith
These are very good. Super moist and light. I bumped up the spices a little, using 1/2 t. pumpkin pie spice. I made a browned butter frosting and it worked nicely. I also chose to leave the chopped nuts out, and have a smooth cookie, and instead I placed 1 whole pecan half in the center of each newly frosted cookie - very pretty! Thanks Jewelz!
- 118.29 ml sugar
- 118.29 ml firmly packed brown sugar
- 236.59 ml butter, softened
- 236.59 ml canned pumpkin
- 4.92 ml vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 473.18 ml all-purpose flour
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 4.92 ml baking soda
- 2.46 ml cinnamon
- 1.23 ml pumpkin pie spice
- 1.23 ml salt
- 177.44 ml finely chopped pecans
- 44.37 ml butter
- 9.85 ml maple syrup
- 59.14 ml half-and-half cream
- 354.88-473.18 ml powdered sugar
- 118.29 ml firmly packed dark brown sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In large bowl or mixer beat together 1/2 cup sugar, 1/2 cup brown sugar and 1 cup butter until light and fluffy.
- Add pumpkin, vanilla, and egg and blend well.
- Add flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, and salt mix well.
- Stir in pecans.
- Drop by rounded spoonfuls (an 80 scoop works great!) a couple of inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake at 350°F for 10-12 min or just until the edges only are light golden brown.
- Immediately remove from cookie sheets and cool on rack.
- Maple Penuche Frosting.
- In a medium sauce pan combine 1/2 cup dark brown sugar, 3 tbls butter and bring to a boil.
- Add maple syrup and cook over medium heat for 1 minute or until slightly thickened, stirring constantly!
- Let cool 10 minutes.
- Add cream; and beat until smooth.
- Beat in powdered sugar gradually until desired consistency for frosting.
- Frost cooled cookies and keep in single layer in an air tight container to keep moist and fresh--that is if they last that long!