1/2 Photos of Nanny's Pumpkin Cookies With Maple Penuche Frosting
These are cake like cookies that are topped with a yummy browned butter frosting! My Grandma-Nanny always made these every year in the fall.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2In large bowl or mixer beat together 1/2 cup sugar, 1/2 cup brown sugar and 1 cup butter until light and fluffy.
- 3Add pumpkin, vanilla, and egg and blend well.
- 4Add flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice, and salt mix well.
- 5Stir in pecans.
- 6Drop by rounded spoonfuls (an 80 scoop works great!) a couple of inches apart onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- 7Bake at 350°F for 10-12 min or just until the edges only are light golden brown.
- 8Immediately remove from cookie sheets and cool on rack.
- 9Maple Penuche Frosting.
- 10In a medium sauce pan combine 1/2 cup dark brown sugar, 3 tbls butter and bring to a boil.
- 11Add maple syrup and cook over medium heat for 1 minute or until slightly thickened, stirring constantly!
- 12Let cool 10 minutes.
- 13Add cream; and beat until smooth.
- 14Beat in powdered sugar gradually until desired consistency for frosting.
- 15Frost cooled cookies and keep in single layer in an air tight container to keep moist and fresh--that is if they last that long!
Browse Our Top Drop Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Nanny's Pumpkin Cookies With Maple Penuche Frosting
Serving Size: 1 (1487 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1123.6
- Calories from Fat 526
- Total Fat 58.4 g
- Saturated Fat 30.0 g
- Cholesterol 157.6 mg
- Sodium 977.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 146.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 102.0 g
- Protein 9.3 g