Recipe by staceyelee
This is one of the many recipes from my grandmothers cookbook. She passed away in May of 2005 and I am recording her wonderful recipes for my family and the many generations that will follow. I hope you enjoy her recipes as much as we do. I have not made each one yet-so cooking time and servings may vary. Blessings from FOURMRANCHWIFE in Texas
- 3 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 cup Crisco
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup margarine
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 6 tablespoons cold water
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut crisco and butter into the flour and salt. Beat egg, vinegar and water.
- Mix the egg mixture into the flour mixture.
- Knead together then roll out into 3 pie crusts.
- Nanny would put them into a pie dish and cover and freeze for up to a few weeks.
- For a baked crust bake the crust for about 15 minutes at 375° till golden.