Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
My Nanny (grandma) taught this to all her boys so that they would know how to fend for themselves. Others in the family constantly ask her to make this for them. A perfect comfort food.
- 1 bag elbow macaroni
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can stewed tomatoes
- 2 cups of shredded sharp cheddar cheese or 2 cups old cheddar cheese
- 2 slices bread
- salt and pepper
- Boil elbow pasta until tender.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients except 1/2 cup cheese and slices of bread.
- Stir well and put into greased casserole dish.
- Tear bread into little crouton-sized pieces and top with remaining cheese.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake at 350 for 1 hour.