Recipe by Dannygirl
My Nanny (grandma) taught this to all her boys so that they would know how to fend for themselves. Others in the family constantly ask her to make this for them. A perfect comfort food.
- 1 bag elbow macaroni
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 can stewed tomatoes
- 2 cups of shredded sharp cheddar cheese or 2 cups old cheddar cheese
- 2 slices bread
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil elbow pasta until tender.
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients except 1/2 cup cheese and slices of bread.
- Stir well and put into greased casserole dish.
- Tear bread into little crouton-sized pieces and top with remaining cheese.
- Cover with aluminum foil and bake at 350 for 1 hour.