This has been in our family for years and years. I've included stand time in the preparation time.
My Private Note
473 ml ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1Clean and wash tomatoes, apples and peel onions.
- 2In a Dutch oven slice and layer the 3 ingredients.
- 3After each complete layer, sprinkle a little salt and let stand overnight.
- 4Next Day:
- 5Drain and put ingredients back into pot and add sugar, spices (tied in clean cheesecloth) and add vinegar to cover 3/4 of ingredients.
- 6Cook over low to medium heat for 1 to 1 1/2 hours, stirring often with a wooden spoon.
- 7Check often to make sure mixture does not burn.
- 8When thickened put into sterilized jars and seal.
- 9Process for 20 minutes.
Browse Our Top Condiments, Etc. Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Condiments, Etc. Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Nanny's Green Chow-Chow
Serving Size: 1 (710 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 455.9
- Calories from Fat 8
- Total Fat 0.9 g
- Saturated Fat 0.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 7117.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 115.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.8 g
- Sugars 101.2 g
- Protein 4.8 g