Prep 20 mins
Cook 3 hrs
This is one of the many recipes from my Grandmother's cookbook. She passed away in May of 2005. I am recording her wonderful recipes for my family and the many generations that will follow. I hope you enjoy her recipes as much as we do. I have not made each one yet so cooking time and servings may not be posted on some. Blessings from FOURMRANCHWIFE in Texas.
- 20 ounces pineapple chunks in juice, juice reserved
- 20 ounces bing cherries in juice, juice reserved
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cherry Jell-O
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups cola
- Drain pineapple and cherries; reserve juice.
- Heat 1-1/2 cups of reserved juice; most of the 1-1/2 cups should be pineapple juice and just a little cherry juice.
- Dissolve Jell-O in heated juice; add softened cream cheese; whip.
- Add pineapple, cherries, and pecans.
- Stir in Cola.
- Chill until firm.
- The ounce sizes are guesses; it is the big can of cherry and pineapple; the Jell-O is the small box. When I make it I will look at sizes and edit.
Wonderful recipe! We have this for every family holiday instead of dessert! We use room temp cream cheese in the heated juice and it is perfect! BEWARE DO NOT USE DIET COLA!!! Will not gel together right. Ick!
My grandmother made this too. Thanks for sharing the recipe...I didn't know where to find it. A fabulous, unique dish. Mmmm!
This salad is a family tradition for us - one of those you just taste and love instead of focusing on the actual ingredients! However, we do not melt the cream cheese and whip in - we wait until the jello/pineapple salad is firming up and add small chunks of cream cheese all through it. This makes for a very deep purple jello salad with white "polka dot" cream cheese chunks.