Recipe by staceyelee
This is one of the many recipes from my Grandmother's cookbook. She passed away in May of 2005. I am recording her wonderful recipes for my family and the many generations that will follow. I hope you enjoy her recipes as much as we do. I have not made each one yet so cooking time and servings may not be posted on some. Blessings from FOURMRANCHWIFE in Texas.
Top Review by Id-do-the-cookin
Wonderful recipe! We have this for every family holiday instead of dessert! We use room temp cream cheese in the heated juice and it is perfect! BEWARE DO NOT USE DIET COLA!!! Will not gel together right. Ick!
- 20 ounces pineapple chunks in juice, juice reserved
- 20 ounces bing cherries in juice, juice reserved
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cherry Jell-O
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 cups cola
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain pineapple and cherries; reserve juice.
- Heat 1-1/2 cups of reserved juice; most of the 1-1/2 cups should be pineapple juice and just a little cherry juice.
- Dissolve Jell-O in heated juice; add softened cream cheese; whip.
- Add pineapple, cherries, and pecans.
- Stir in Cola.
- Chill until firm.
- The ounce sizes are guesses; it is the big can of cherry and pineapple; the Jell-O is the small box. When I make it I will look at sizes and edit.