Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
From Nanny's collection. Quick & Easy. For the evaporated milk - it is the large can. I do not have one handy to get the exact oz size and could not find in in the zaar data base.
- 1 chicken, boiled & shredded
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 (4 ounce) can green chilies
- 12 corn tortillas, torn
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- Combine soups, onion, chiles, chicken, milk & melted butter.
- In a greased casserole dish :
- Layer some tortillas on bottom & top w/ mixture. Repeat and top w/ cheese.
- Bake 350 degrees until bubbly.
I give it a five for ease in putting togehter, 4 for family applause. Was a good solid meal for a weeknight with pre-cooked chicken. Would make again in a pinch.