Prep 45 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is my Grandmother's recipe for chicken casserole. It is by far the best comfort food in the world. I usually double the recipe to allow for plenty of leftovers. FYI this recipe can get rather salty so I use the reduced sodium StoveTop when I can find it, if it's not available I use reduce sodium soups. Some in our family like to pair this with cranberry sauce.
- 3 -4 large chicken breasts, boiled until tender
- 1 (6 ounce) boxstove top cornbread stuffing mix
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup (can sub Cream of Celery)
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) canchicken & rice soup
- 1 small onion, chopped and sauteed in a little butter
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 chicken flavored bullion cube- dissolved in broth
- Boil chicken in seasoned water until tender and no longer pink in center.
- Allow chicken to cool and then pull into small pieces or use a fork to shred.
- Line bottom of 9 x 13 baking dish with chicken.
- Chop onion and sautee.
- Dissolve bouillon cube in broth (I use Swanson's broth by preference).
- Beat eggs.
- Mix stuffing, soups, onion, eggs, and broth.
- Pour mixture over chicken.
- Bake at 350 for 45 minutes or until set in middle and brown on top. Cooking time will usually depend on your oven.