1 hr 30 mins
This is my Grandmother's recipe for chicken casserole. It is by far the best comfort food in the world. I usually double the recipe to allow for plenty of leftovers. FYI this recipe can get rather salty so I use the reduced sodium StoveTop when I can find it, if it's not available I use reduce sodium soups. Some in our family like to pair this with cranberry sauce.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 -4 large chicken breasts, boiled until tender
- 1 (6 ounce) box stove top cornbread stuffing mix
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup (can sub Cream of Celery)
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can chicken & rice soup
- 1 small onion, chopped and sauteed in a little butter
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 chicken flavored bullion cube- dissolved in broth
- 1Boil chicken in seasoned water until tender and no longer pink in center.
- 2Allow chicken to cool and then pull into small pieces or use a fork to shred.
- 3Line bottom of 9 x 13 baking dish with chicken.
- 4Chop onion and sautee.
- 5Dissolve bouillon cube in broth (I use Swanson's broth by preference).
- 6Beat eggs.
- 7Mix stuffing, soups, onion, eggs, and broth.
- 8Pour mixture over chicken.
- 9Bake at 350 for 45 minutes or until set in middle and brown on top. Cooking time will usually depend on your oven.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Nanny's Chicken Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (262 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 483.5
- Calories from Fat 174
- Total Fat 19.4 g
- Saturated Fat 5.4 g
- Cholesterol 181.4 mg
- Sodium 1530.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.3 g
- Sugars 3.7 g
- Protein 34.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: