Recipe by FrVanilla
This is a dessert my Nanny made. I love it. My Mom prefers it with a strawberry pie topping and my Aunt with cherry.
- 1 1⁄2 cups graham wafer crumbs
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3 egg yolks
- 3 egg whites (beat stiff)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 (21 ounce) can pie filling, for topping (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix first 3 ingredients for bottom and press into a square pan or baking dish.
- Cream cheese and sugar, add egg yolks and vanilla.
- Fold in beaten egg whites. Pour into prepared crumb bottom.
- Bake at 350 for 1/2 hours.
- Let cool completely before adding topping.
- Keep refrigerated.