Recipe by flower7
My mom made these for dinner the other night and we all loved them. Thick, with the perfect amount of sweetness.
Top Review by WizzyTheStick
I didn't have any bourbon so I got the okay from Flower7 to use a dark aged rum. This dish is just so full of flavour and the mango chutney while a bit unexpected just puts it over the top!
- 1⁄4 lb bacon, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons dark molasses
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1 (8 ounce) jar mango chutney (any large chunks, chopped)
- 6 (15 1/2 ounce) cans white beans, drained & rinsed
- black pepper, to taste
- 1⁄4 cup Bourbon
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and cook bacon until fat begins to render out.
- Add onion and cook 1 minute.
- Add mustard, molasses, sugar and chutney and heat through.
- Add pepper to taste.
- Stir in beans then pour mixture into a large, lightly greased baking dish.
- Bake 30 minutes covered.
- Remove from oven and stir in bourbon.
- Bake uncovered 15-20 minutes longer until beans are bubbly and thick.