Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a favorite of the whole family. When my Nanny would make it you could feel the love. It always brought family to the table. The noodles are more dumpling tasting than noodle tasting. A definite comfort food.
- 4 (8 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 2 (6 ounce) cans chicken (shredded canned chicken used for enchiladas)
- 2 tablespoons margarine
- nature's seasoning (for taste)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1 pinch salt
- Boil broth, chicken, margarine. Add seasoning to taste. Turn the heat down before adding the noodle dumplings.
- For dumplings: Mix flour, baking powder, and salt together. Beat egg before adding to mix. Add milk and water. Dough will be sticky. On floured surface place dough and knead. Pinch off dough and roll out flat and cut into 1 inch strips. The strips can be long or short. Let them dry slightly before adding to soup. If soup is too thick after adding dumplings, heat 1/2 cup of milk in microwave and slowly add to soup until thin.