- 28 ounces of san marzano whole tomatoes
- 15 ounces of any brand tomato sauce
- 1 whole head of garlic, cloves sliced
- 12 fresh basil leaves
- extra virgin olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl crush whole tomatoes with your hands only.
- In a pot large enough to hold all ingredients, pour in enough olive oil to coat the bottom.
- Add sliced garlic and sautee until almost turning golden.
- Add tomatoes with their juices and tomato sauce.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce to a simmer.
- Add basil before serving.