My nanny is famous for thee cookies. she even won a blue ribbon in a cooperative extension contest and has been published in our state's historical cookbook. The smell of these is pretty much one of the most treasured smells of my childhood
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix sugar, shortening and eggs together thoroughly.
- 2cut in the flour, cream of tartar soda and salt and mix well.
- 3roll into small balls about the same size as walnuts.
- 4roll balls in cinnamon and sugar and place 2 inches apart on a cookie sheet.
- 5bake 10 minutes at 400 degrees.
Browse Our Top Hand-Formed Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Nanny Max's Snickerdoodles
Serving Size: 1 (40 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 182.4
- Calories from Fat 81
- Total Fat 9.0 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 15.5 mg
- Sodium 107.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 13.5 g
- Protein 1.8 g