Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
My nanny is famous for thee cookies. she even won a blue ribbon in a cooperative extension contest and has been published in our state's historical cookbook. The smell of these is pretty much one of the most treasured smells of my childhood
- 1 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 cup crisco shortening
- 2 eggs
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- Mix sugar, shortening and eggs together thoroughly.
- cut in the flour, cream of tartar soda and salt and mix well.
- roll into small balls about the same size as walnuts.
- roll balls in cinnamon and sugar and place 2 inches apart on a cookie sheet.
- bake 10 minutes at 400 degrees.