Recipe by Lin-gweenie
This is my Nanny's recipe and it's been around forever. Not a lot of ingredients, but absolutely the best molasses cookies you will ever have.
Top Review by snowangel
These cookies are delicious, I added 1tbsp ginger and doubled the cinnamon. My daughters thought they tasted like the molasses ginger cookies from Starbucks. I will definately make them again. Thank you to Fundy Foodie and her Nanny Hooper!!
- 2 cups molasses
- 1 cup shortening (melted)
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons ginger
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄4 cup milk, with
- 4 teaspoons baking soda
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the flour, salt, ginger and cinnamon together.
- Add the melted shortening, mix.
- Add the molasses and egg.
- Gradually add the milk mixture.
- Let the mixture stand in fridge, at least 2 hours.
- Roll dough flat on floured surface, about 1/2 to 3/4-inch thickness. Use a 3" round cookie cutter and place on cookie sheet.
- Bake at 350° for 10-15 minutes.