1/2 Photos of Nanny G's Macaroni and Cheese
1 hr 10 mins
Vicki G.'s Note:
This is my grandmother's recipe which I grew up on. It is my personal favorite, and without a doubt--the ultimate comfort food. I even love to eat it cold. It is one of my favorite side dishes, since it goes especially well with chicken and pork. Note: this is not a creamy mac & cheese recipe.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cook macaroni according to the package directions and drain.
- 2In a large mixing bowl, mix together the hot macaroni and 2 cups of the cheese, letting the cheese melt a bit.
- 3Stir in the milk, eggs salt and pepper.
- 4Pour into a lightly greased one quart casserole dish.
- 5Sprinkle the remaining 1 cup of cheese on top.
- 6Top with some paprika for color.
- 7Bake uncovered for about 1 hour at 350°F until golden, and brown on the sides (if using glass dish).
Browse Our Top Elbow Macaroni Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Nanny G's Macaroni and Cheese
Serving Size: 1 (131 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 330.5
- Calories from Fat 156
- Total Fat 17.4 g
- Saturated Fat 10.4 g
- Cholesterol 103.7 mg
- Sodium 595.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 25.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 17.5 g