Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 45 mins
Nannie's Recipe with afew substitutions, maybe to try one day. She used vanilla-butter-&-nut extract, not plain old vanilla *When a recipe calls for butter, replace half the butter with half as much yogurt. For instance, instead of 1 cup butter, use 1/2 cup butter and 1/4 cup yogurt.
- 1⁄2 cup Crisco
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat yogurt
- 1 1⁄2 cups Splenda Sugar Blend for Baking
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 5 Egg Beaters egg substitute
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup 1% low-fat milk
- Mix wet ingredients with sugar in mixing bowl.
- Mix dry ingredients seperatly, and then slowly add to wet mixture.
- Pour into a cake pan and place in a cold oven. THEN, heat oven to 300 degrees.
- Bake for 1 hour 45 minutes.