1 hr 20 mins
This is an old recipe from my mother's collection. We loved it years ago, and we still love it today!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel and core 3 tart apples and slice thinly.
- 2Butter an 8" x 8" baking dish.
- 3Cover the bottom of the dish with half of the apples.
- 4Pour 1/2 cup water over apples.
- 5Sprinkle with sugar for sweetness if desired.
- 6Cover with remaining apples.
- 7Combine the flour, light brown sugar, and chopped pecans.
- 8Cream butter and work into mixture gradually until mixed.
- 9Add cinnamon, nutmeg and cloves, and mix thoroughly.
- 10Spread mixture evenly over apples, pressing down at the edges and cutting several gashes to permit steam to escape.
- 11Bake at 350 for 50 minutes.
- 12Serve warm with a scoop of vanilla ice cream or whipped cream!
Browse Our Top Cobblers and Crisps Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Nannie's Apple Crisp
Serving Size: 1 (171 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 399.5
- Calories from Fat 195
- Total Fat 21.6 g
- Saturated Fat 8.2 g
- Cholesterol 30.5 mg
- Sodium 94.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 51.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 35.3 g
- Protein 3.2 g